Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cracker Barrel!

So I was thinking and thinking about what I wanted my second blog post to be about!  Very important you know.  ;)  And I found the perfect answer to that question today!

Right now my family and I (Dad, Hannah, John) are headed back from a great vacation in North Carolina! We really enjoyed our time at the beach, and just relaxing with each other.  We did decide to drive there and back from Kansas!  Yes, it's a 1200 mile, 20 hour drive.  It's very worth it though, we drive when we want to stop somewhere along the way.  And we stopped in Cave City, Kentucky home of Mammoth Cave, the biggest underground cave in the WORLD!  We explored the cave today, it was incredible!  400 miles of mapped cave, and possibly up to 400 more miles of unexplored cave.  We walked about 3 miles underground today and saw some beautiful cave formations!  I was really hoping to see a bat, but no such luck.

So anyways, we are staying at a little motel off the highway in Cave City!  This city is hilarious, but is complete with a CRACKER BARREL!  None of us had ever eaten there, although my brother and Dad said it was gross!  But I thought that we should go try it out.  So we did.  Let me tell you, we all LOVED it!  They have a huge menu, and they serve breakfast all day long!  While we waited for our table, we talked with the host about his six-year job teaching ESL in China!  Teachers are paid A LOT more over there then they are here.  Between him and his wife (both teachers) they rented a huge house, had a maid, and he said that he got his hair washed at a barber shop every other day!  Isn't that outrageous?!  But anyways, then we got our table and ordered our food.  It was delicious meal, really good cooking!  I got the best Mac N' Cheese ever!  And we got to play this Peg Game while we were waiting!  Our waiter was really nice, but he did literally throw a bowl of Pinto Beans at my Dad.  My Dad is really good natured, so he just shrugged it off.  We joke about how we are the clumsy family (especially this trip), because it seems like whenever we are at restaurants we are just throwing things around the table.  We told him he fit right in.

Then Cracker Barrel has this store attached to it, lots of great nostalgic items!  I got a coffee mug with all the American Presidents on it.  Which if you know me, this is my ideal mug.  I love the government (both parties), and I love America!  I have an American presidents place-mat, but it only goes up to Bill Clinton!  It's practically ancient.  So this one covers Barack Obama.  I am full, happy, and excited for the rest of the journey home tomorrow!

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Megs! Why don't we do lunch with the girls at Cracker Barrel in August?! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete